In certain instances, you may need to transfer a company from one profile to another. For example:
- A business’s payroll is managed by an accounting firm and the business now wishes to process their own payroll.
- A business is sold. The previous owners should no longer have ownership of the company on SimplePay.
Transferring the company will change which profile owns* the company on SimplePay and consequently which profile gets billed for the company.
*Note: Ownership of a company on SimplePay is not necessarily related to the actual ownership of a business. When a new company is added to SimplePay, it belongs to the profile that the user was logged into when creating it. For example, a small business may be owned by an entrepreneur, but the company’s payroll is managed by an accounting firm. If the company was added to the accounting firm’s profile, the accounting firm is the owner of the company on SimplePay, even though they are not the owners of the registered business.
Company Transfer Process
As the protection of your data is important to us, SimplePay has a structured and secure 4-step process for the transfer of companies. The following terminology is used in this process:
Transferring user: An individual with full access rights to the company that needs to be transferred and who will be initiating the transfer out of its current profile.
Receiving user: An individual with full access rights to the profile that the company will be moved to and who will accept the transfer into the new profile.
The process is as follows:
Step 1: Enable Company Transfers
The transferring user must contact the SimplePay Support Team and request that the company transfer option be made available on the profile that the company currently belongs to.
Step 2: Transferring User Initiates the Transfer
Once the Support team at SimplePay have confirmed that the transfer option is available, the transferring user must:
- Log into their profile
- Click on the Profile icon > Companies
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the company name that they wish to transfer and select Transfer
- Enter the email address of the receiving user and click Transfer. Please remember that this user must be a full access user on the SimplePay profile receiving the transfer.
Step 3: Receiving User Accepts the Transfer
Once the transferring user has initiated the transfer, an email containing a One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the receiving user. The receiving user must then log into their profile within 7 days and:
- Go to the Profile icon > Companies
- Click on here in the banner at the top that says “Need to accept a transfer request? Click here.”
- Enter the OTP and click Proceed
- A summary of the transfer will be provided. Click on Proceed to continue with the transfer or Cancel Transfer to reject the transfer.
An email will be sent to all full-access users on both profiles stating that the transfer has been accepted.
Step 4: Transferring User Finalises the Transfer
The transferring user will receive an email once the receiving user has accepted the transfer. To complete the transfer, the transferring user must now:
- Contact the receiving user to obtain the one-time password that they received
- Go to the Profile icon > Companies
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the company that needs to be transferrred and select Transfer.
- Enter the OTP received from the transferring user
- Click Proceed
The company will then be transferred and a message will be displayed at the top of the transferring user’s screen saying Client transfer finalised successfully.
An email will be sent to all full-access users on both profiles stating that the transfer has been finalised.