The information captured here is used for Employment Equity and Skills reporting. If you will not be using those reports, there is no need to fill in the data.
Adding / Editing Information Individually
To add / edit this information, go to the employee’s profile and click on Edit Info > Skills & Equity.
Please note that foreign nationality is a matter of birth; for example, someone who was born in Malawi will always be a Foreign national.
On the other hand, citizenship is a matter of law, i.e. whether the government of South Africa has granted someone citizenship. Employees who have not been granted citizenship, should be marked as Not RSA Citizen.
Adding / Editing Information in Bulk
Go to Employees > Bulk Actions > Skills & Equity.
For more information about how to do bulk inputs, please go to:
Creating a Skills and Equity Report
There is currently no report for Skills and Equity available in the Reports section (on the left-hand menu). However, if you do need to report on this – for example to a bargaining council and / or the Department of Labour, you can take the following steps:
- Go to Employees > Bulk Actions > Skills & Equity.
- Populate the fields and click on Export to Excel. Save the resulting Excel file.
- Go to Reports > Transaction History Report.
- Select the relevant filters / options for Date range, Pay Frequency and Employees.
- Click on Show next to Additional Fields.
- Select all required fields such as Appointment Date or Id number.
- Under Transactions you can select all the items you want to include in the transaction history report.
- Click on Show Excel to download the report.
- In Excel you can now merge the file from step 2 and the file from step 8 to create the required report.
For more information about the transaction history report, please refer to: