Employment Equity Reporting > Submitting Employment Equity Reports
All designated employers are required to submit their Employment Equity Reports annually. This can be submitted manually or online.
- The Employment Equity reporting period opens on 1 September each year and closes on the 1st working day of October for manual submissions.
- No late reports will be received after this manual submission due date. If you have missed this due date, you must submit the reports online.
- Please ensure that the EEA2 and EEA4 forms are submitted together. If you submit them separately, the submission will be rejected.
- You can download the forms in MS Word format from the Department of Labor’s website, www.labour.gov.za. If you choose to manually submit the reports, you will need to copy the relevant information from SimplePay and paste this into the EEA2 and EEA4 forms that you have downloaded from the Department of Labour.
- Please ensure that you do not use non-prescribed forms or fax or email copies of the forms to the Department of Labour, as these are not accepted.
- The Employment Equity reporting period opens on 1 September each year and closes on 15 January of the following year for online submissions. In years following the year of registration, you will receive a reminder letter annually containing instructions and a link for submissions.
- To access the Employment Equity Online Reporting System, go to the Department of Labor’s website, www.labour.gov.za, scroll down to Online Services and select EE Online Reporting. Alternatively, you can log in here.
- If you have any trouble logging in, the Department’s website contains a How to login pamphlet, as well as slides with step-by-step guidance.
- If you have previously submitted an Employment Equity report, either online or manually, please do not register online for Employment Equity Reporting as you are already registered.
- If you have forgotten your username, you can verify this from the EE Public Register for the previous reporting period.
- When submitting the reports, please ensure that you press the submit button, and that the reporting status is shown as Reported.
- Once the reports have been submitted, no changes to the content is possible.
- Please keep a signed original copy of the report, as well as the System generated print out.