Bulk Actions > Excel Import for Take-on Balances
Once you have added your employees, their take-on balances can be added to the system in bulk using an Excel import as follows:
- Go to Employees > Bulk Actions > Take-On Tax Totals.
- All employees will be listed by default. Select a specific payment frequency and / or pay point if necessary.
- Click Export to Excel to download the template.
- Fill in the relevant totals for each employee. Leave any columns that are not applicable blank – if a column does not apply to any employees, please still just leave it blank and do not delete it.
- Save the file.
- To import the file go to Employees > Bulk Actions > Bulk Add Employees.
- Upload the file, verify the information and Save.
- Only use an import file that was originally downloaded from the page above.
- Do not alter the structure of the spreadsheet at all when completing it – i.e. do not edit / add / remove / rearrange any rows or columns.
- The file must be saved in Excel (.xls or .xlsx) format.