SimplePay is a Cape Town based software company that’s been simplifying the world of payroll and delighting our clients for nearly ten years now. We’re a small team doing big things every day – we have over 11 000 companies using our system across four regions (South Africa, Singapore, Ireland and Hong Kong). Our software lets thousands of small business owners (and their accountants) run their payrolls without headaches, so they can focus on the challenge of building their businesses. We’ve been profitable for many years and have never had the need to raise capital.
We are always on the lookout for great people so feel free to browse our openings or forward your CV and support documents to [email protected]
Find out more about us here.
Please note below:
For your application to be considered, please include a written motivation starting with “SimplePay, pick me because…” as well as your CV and supporting documentation to careers[at]simplepay.co.za. Please note that All applications missing the above motivation will be excluded immediately. Only applications sent directly to the above email will be considered
The role requires someone with the ability to assimilate information and apply it to different situations as well as a passion for providing clients with an exceptional experience. Training will be provided so prior knowledge of payroll is not a necessity but it will be advantageous. We’re a small team doing big things so if the idea of a dynamic and challenging work environment appeals to you, and you feel you tick the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you!
We look forward to seeing your application.
You’ll be building on a stable platform as part of a strong and dynamic team with a focus on great code to provide simple, compliant payroll and a stellar customer experience.
Your typical week might involve any of the following:
– Do technical design work using new feature specifications, followed by the actual implementation
– Improve system security
– Do code reviews for your peers
– Expand our REST API and write API docs for developers from other companies to use
– Fix bugs and make recommendations to reduce future bugs
– Integrate our system with government systems
– Integrate our system with other parties such as banks and accounting software providers
If the above sounds like you and you meet the below requirements as well as having an eye for detail and love helping clients through properly designed Ruby code then this may just be the perfect position for you.
– At least 2 years of experience with Ruby on Rails development
– Relevant degree will be beneficial (Comp. Sci. or related)
– Good understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL) and comfortable with SQL (when ActiveRecord is just not enough)
– Good object-oriented design experience